Okay this is one of those dressings that can go on anything – it’s so tasty that you’ll love whatever is coated with it. Tangy, but slightly sweet, this addictive dressing keeps you going in bite after bite. I have a friend who buys it at Farm Boy all the time – all she did at a playdate was toss it with mixed greens and a few chopped peppers, and it was such a delicious salad! You can definitely find different kinds of apple cider vinaigrette at the store but if you are like me and have a giant jug of apple cider vinegar from Costco, making it yourself is way more economical! And also – the ingredients are super simple and non-perishable! It will keep in a mason jar in your fridge for weeks.
Summer time is here! What a great season to enjoy all the fresh veggies and leafy greens (currently our favourite at home is a mix of baby arugula and baby kale). Be sure to make extra dressing so that you always have a dressing on hand, whenever you need it.
what you need:
- 6 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 8 tbsp grape seed oil (or similar oil – something very mild in flavour)
- 4 tbsp raw local honey (try to find local honey, as it has the best benefits for your health)
- a few twists of freshly ground black pepper
- two pinches of salt
what to do:
- Put all your ingredients in a mason jar and shake really well. Use immediately or store in fridge for later use. Enjoy!